What It Is, Causes, Signs, & Homeopathic Treatment of Impotence
Impotence, commonly referred to as ED, is the inability to achieve and sustain an erection suitable for sexual intercourse. It is estimated that about 1 in 10 adult males suffer from ED on a long-term basis.
What happens in Impotence?
Impotency symptoms might include persistent:
- Trouble getting an erection
- Trouble keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
What are the causes for Impotence?
In many cases, impotence is caused by something physical. Common causes include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie’s disease — development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Low testosterone
The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. A number of things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions
- Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
How do couples cope with Impotence?
Erectile dysfunction can cause strain on a couple. Many times, men will avoid sexual situations due to the emotional pain associated with ED, causing their partner to feel rejected or inadequate. It is important to communicate openly with your partner.
A lack of communication is the primary barrier for seeking treatment and can prolong the suffering. The loss of erectile capacity can have a profound effect on a man. The good news is that ED can usually be treated safely and effectively.
Diet and Nutrition for Impotence
Foods to eat
- Include foods rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C like tomatoes, oranges, blue berries, cranberries walnuts, dark chocolate play significant role in production of sperms. Antioxidants protect sperms from oxidative damage.
- Zinc rich foods like oysters, poultry, diary, nuts, eggs, whole grains
- Folic acid rich food like leafy greens, beans, fruits
- Pumpkin seeds, pomegranate and flax seeds
Foods to avoid
- Excess of caffeine
- High mercury level sea foods
What is the best treatment for Impotence?
Homeopathy can acquire wonderful success record in treatment of Impotence.Homeopathy is leading medical science in managing the symptoms of Male Infertility and has an excellent success rate in homeopathic treatment.
- SELENIUM : Excellent remedy for male infertility with increased desire but decreased ability. Dribbling of semen during sleep. Physical inability to perform sexual activity. During sexual activity the penis relaxes.
- ORCHITINUM : Great remedy for premature senile loss of sexual power. It is good in cases of sexual weakness and debility.
- LYCOPODIUM : The sexual desire can be high, a person may have premature ejaculation.
It is, however, worthwhile to remember that self-medication is not recommended.