What It Is, Signs & Homeopathic Management of Hypertension
When your blood is pumping at a higher pressure than normal through your arteries, you are labelled as having Hypertension.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) is also called the ‘silent killer’ because one can have the condition for years without suffering from any signs or symptoms. You may not realize but damage to your blood vessels and heart continues, even without any symptoms.
The hidden disease can be brought out into the open by keeping check of blood pressure regularly. If your blood pressure readings are consistently 140 over 90, or higher, over a number of weeks, during different times of the day, a diagnosis of Hypertension is given.
What happens in Hypertension?
A dangerous aspect of High Blood Pressure is that there are very few or no early warning signs.
If your blood pressure is extremely high, you may have following symptoms, wherein you have to immediately visit a doctor:
- Severe headache
- Vision problems
- Increasing chest pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling in legs or whole body
Diet and Nutrition
- Exercise: Remember that little activity is better than no activity at all. Be physically active and exercise for at least 30 minutes each day.
- Diet: Reduce your intake of salt. Include fresh vegetables, fruit, low-fat dairy products, food low in saturated and trans fat, whole grains and lean meat, fish and poultry.
- Lose weight: Reduce your weight to within a healthy range for your height to prevent obesity and metabolic syndrome.
- Home-monitoring of Blood Pressure: Regularly monitor your blood pressure at home by devices that are easy to use.
- Try to relax each day by meditation or yoga, or perform any activity that will help you relax.
- Quit smoking, if you smoke.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Try not to add too much salt to your cooking and remove the salt shaker from the table.
- Don’t stress, it’s not good for your body to constantly be exposed to stress hormones.
The DASH diet
DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet is common diet recommended in hypertensive patients.
Studies have shown that, people on this diet saw a significant reduction in High Blood Pressure within 2 weeks.
It is a very effective diet in reducing the risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis.
- Limit yourself to 2,400 milligrams of sodium per day (about 1 teaspoon).
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Increase your daily intake of low-fat or skim dairy products.
- Replace enriched flour breads with whole grain bread.
- Choose whole-grain cereals without large amounts of additives and sugar.
- Add more nuts, seeds, and legumes to your daily diet.
- Eat more potassium-enriched fruits and vegetables like bananas, dark green leafy vegetables, beans, potatoes, avocados, etc.
- Keep to modest amounts of protein foods, preferably soy, fish, and poultry.
- Read food labels to choose products that are lower in sodium.
- Do not consume aerated drinks and packaged foods as they contain high amounts of sodium.
What is the best treatment for Hypertension?
Few Amazing Remedies in Homeopathic Treatment for High Blood Pressure include:
- Argentum Nitricum: Indicated in homeopathic treatment for high blood pressure when blood pressure rises with anxiety and nervousness. ‘Stage fright’ or anticipation of a stressful event can bring on headache, diarrhea, and a pounding pulse.
- Belladonna: Useful in homeopathic treatment for high blood pressure when symptoms come on suddenly, with great intensity and heat. The person’s face is flushed, with dilated pupils, and pulsations and throbbing may be felt in various parts of the body.
- Natrum Muriaticum: Headache and palpitation. Worse from being in the sun, worse around mid-morning, and better from being alone in a quiet place.
It is, however, worthwhile to remember that self-medication is not recommended.
BpDyn – BpDyn 24 controls high blood pressure and stimulates vital health. It can relieve your symptoms of throbbing heart beats, associated headache, vision problems and also helps tone up cardiac muscles. The key to better-quality health is, after all, not external dependence on medicines, but an internal correction of immunity & equilibrium.