What It Is, Signs & Homeopathic Management of Diabetes
Diabetes or Diabetes Mellitus or Diabetes Type 2 is a condition where the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar).
Earlier it was said that mostly people over 30 years old are prone to get diabetes and the incidence increases with age.
But the prevailing poor eating habits, obesity,lack of exercise have resulted in occurrence of diabetes in young adults too. This is an alarming sign!
It is also called as ‘Silent disease’ since you may not know if your blood sugar level increase. There might be vague symptoms such as tiredness, dizziness, muscle pain etc.
Diabetes is diagnosed because of elevated blood glucose and presence of glucose in the urine.
Types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes or non-insulin-dependent diabetes
The most common form of diabetes is type 2 diabetes, accounting for 95% of diabetes cases in adults.
Type 2 diabetes also used to be called adult-onset diabetes, but with increasing obesity in kids, more teenagers are now developing type 2 diabetes.
Individual with type 2 diabetes can make their own insulin in the pancreas, but the insulin that is produced is not used as effectively by the body.
What happens in Diabetes?
- Frequent urination: As excess glucose present in blood in Diabetes, the kidneys react by flushing it out of the blood and in the urine. This leads to increased urine formation and hence frequent urination..
- Extreme thirst: Due to increase in urination you are likely to be thirsty more often.
- Increased hunger: Glucose is not utilized by your cells due to lack of insulin. Hence you don’t get energy to which your body responds as increased hunger.
- Unexplained weight loss: As your body is not making insulin it searches for another energy source (the cells aren’t getting glucose!). Muscle tissue and fat are broken down for energy resulting in weight loss.
- Fatigue: Lack of energy makes you feel tired.
- Numbness: Excessive glucose in the body leads to nerve damage. Hence you may experience tingling and/or numbness in your hands and feet.
- Sores that are slow to heal: When there is more sugar in your body, its ability to heal can be undermined.
- Increased infections: The disease fighting capacity reduces and you are more prone to get infections. Women get urinary and vaginal infections more often.
- Sexual dysfunction among men: Men over 50, you may experience frequent or constant sexual dysfunction (erectile dysfunction).
- Eat regular small meals—up to 6 per day
- Make physical activity part of your daily routine
- Schedule a yearly physical and regular eye examination
- Maintain foot hygiene
- If you smoke, quit it
- If you drink alcohol, do so only in moderation
- Learn relaxation techniques: Stress hormones may prevent insulin from working effectively.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Eating breakfast every day will help you have energy as well as steady blood sugar levels.
- Don’t sit long hours before television, laptop or desktop.
- Don’t eat foods rich in sugar, such as ice cream, chocolates, soda or coke.
- Don’t exercise after meals.
Diet and Nutrition
|FOOD SOURCE||ACTION IN BODY|
|Bell Peppers||Insulin regulation|
|Legumes||Improves blood flow in the kidney and thus kidney function|
|Whole grain||Improve insulin sensitivity|
|Fruits and Vegetables||Stabilizing effects on blood sugar levels|
|Cherries and berries||Boost insulin production, protection against heart disease|
|Fish||Lower the amount of lipids, inhibit thickening of the arteries, reduces inflammations|
|Olive oil||Help raise levels of HDL (the good cholesterol)|
|Cinnamon||Improve r ability to respond to insulin, thus normalizing their blood sugar levels|
|Garlic||Prevent the development of abnormal vascular contraction|
|Walnuts||Lower a diabetic’s heart disease risk.|
|Almonds||Lessens cholesterol level and protect against heart disease|
You should follow healthy eating habits such as:
- Limit foods that are high in sugar
- Eat smaller portions, spread out over the day
- Eat whole-grain foods, fruits and vegetables every day
- Limiting your use of alcohol
- Use less salt
Foods to avoid or limit its consumption
- Dried fruits and fruit juices
- Deep fried French fries
- White flour, white bread, white rice
- Fried chicken
- Cream rolls or cakes
- Processed canned fruits
- Smoothies (not prepared at home)
- Baked foods
- Flavored water
What is the best treatment for Diabetes?
Homeopathy improves general health of a diabetic. The symptoms caused by deranged insulin secretion are well controlled with homeopathy.
This will lead to a general well-being of a diabetic.
Diabetes being a trouble itself causes many other complications. Homeopathic medicines help you prevent those dreadful conditions.
Phosphoric acid: corresponds to diabetes of nervous origin; the urine is increased, perhaps milky in color and containing much sugar. Great debility and bruised feeling in the muscles. There will be loss of appetite, sometimes unquenchable thirst and perhaps the patient will be troubled with boils.
Conium: especially if this is accompanied by weakness of body and mind, difficulty walking because of trembling and weakness, and dizziness.
Kreosotum: vaginal infections in women. Burning in soles. Senile gangrene. Small wounds bleed profusely.
It is, however, worthwhile to remember that self-medication is not recommended.
DiboDyn 48 controls blood sugar levels and prevent chronic complications. It can relieve your symptoms of excessive thirst, urination, weight loss, weakness, numbness & tingling in hands and feet.
Early treatment with DiboDyn 48 can help you lead a comfortable and productive life.