What It Is, Causes, Signs & Homeopathic Management of Acne
Acne is the most common skin condition especially of the young age group, which is not only painful but also leads to many other social disturbances.
It mostly begins in teen age and its incidence tends to reduce as the years pass.
What happens in Acne?
- Scaly, red skin with pimples
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Pin heads or papules
- Large papules or nodules
- Scarring in some patients
- Pigmentation of the skin
What can Acne lead to?
- They can further develop into ulcerative acne.
- Permanent scarring and facial impairment.
- Isolation, depression and other psychological disturbances
- Social inhibition and even suicidal dispositions.
- Wash your face frequently, at least 5 times a day, taking care that it does not become too dry.
- Use non-greasy make-up or if possible do not apply cosmetics.
- Use natural cleansers than chemical preparations:
- Wash face with gram flour (channa) and little turmeric in it.
- Massage skin with fresh cucumber, it gives cooling effect on skin.
- You can massage your face with fresh fruits also.
- You can take facial steam to reduce inflammation and infection for not more than 15 minutes and once a fortnight.
- Practice Yoga – will help make your circulation better.
- Do not break your pimples. It will lead to secondary infections.
- Do not use scented soaps and chemicals on your face.
- Do not overexpose your skin to the sun. Preferably wear a hat while going out.
Diet and Nutrition
- Avoid fats and oily food.
- Avoid chocolate, ice-cream, butter, cakes, white bread, sweets and fried food.
- Limit intake of non-vegetarian food.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Drink plenty of fruit juices and coconut water.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables.
- Increase intake of fiber in your diet – Whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
- Eat whole grains rather than refined flour.
- Increase intake of zinc in diet. zinc-rich foods include shellfish, beef and other red meats, eggs and seafood, pork, chicken (dark meat), turkey (dark meat), milk and milk products, nuts, sea plants especially Japanese sea plants.
- Consume diet rich in Vitamin A like liver oils of fish, egg, milk and milk products, meat, kidney and liver.
- Yellow and orange colored fruits and vegetables and green leafy vegetables are good source of carotene that is extremely beneficial for the skin.
- Increase intake of Vitamin E like wheat germ, whole grain, corns, cereals, pulses, nuts, dark green leafy vegetables, olives.
- Add little turmeric to your food; it is beneficial for your skin.
- A chamomile tea cold compress can soothe irritated skin.
- Applying ice to the face may feel good but it should be used with caution, because it can worsen the reddening.
How well Homeopathy works in Acne?
Looks are the most important thing today. A patient affected with Acne can develop depression, stress, lack of confidence, sense of embarrassment & inferiority.
Homeopathy can effectively treat different types of Acne.
All medicines have been proved clinically on thousands of patients all over world and serve to improve immunity, remove any allergy as well as deal with the underlying infection, thus giving healthy lustrous skin naturally without any complications.
- Berberis Aquifolium is useful where the skin is rough and the acne persistent.
- Kali Bromatum for eruptions of small and large boils in successive crops, mostly on face and trunk, with troublesome itching.
- Natrum Muriaticum acts especially on the sebaceous glands, and is a very helpful remedy in acne.
- Calcarea Sulphurica is indicated in cases where pimples are pustular in nature with thick yellow pus.
- Antimonium Tartaricum for obstinate cases, with tendency to pustulation.
- Pulsatilla is a wonderful remedy for acne occurring before menses.
It is, however, worthwhile to remember that self-medication is not recommended.