What It Is, Causes, Signs, & Homeopathic Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is a chronic inflammatory condition that affects the digestive system.
There are two main types of IBD: Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Ulcerative colitis affects the inner lining of the colon and rectum, while Crohn’s disease can affect any part of the digestive tract from the mouth to the anus.
What happens in Inflammatory Bowel Disease?
- Abdominal Pain
- Diarrhea with blood
- Weight Loss
- Rectum Spasm (Tenesmus)
- Urgency for stool
What are the causes of Inflammatory Bowel Disease?
Genetically susceptible individuals have abnormalities in immunity, which causes enhanced reactivity against intestinal bacteria. This disturbed immune response predisposes individuals to colonic inflammation.
Abnormal immune response causes the immune system to attack the normal cells in the digestive tract.
Immune reactions that disrupt the integrity of the intestinal epithelium may contribute to ulcerative colitis. Auto-antibodies against intestinal cells may be involved.
Stress and Strain of life
It is a known factor that stress may cause or increase ulcerative colitis that is the reason when a person goes through relaxation exercises meditation and yoga and the frequency of attacks definitely becomes better and the recovery chances of the patient is very high.
Diet and Nutrition
- Include healthy diet which will provide daily requirement of calories.
- Eat small amount of food throughout the day at regular intervals.
- Some of the foods which make bloating and diarrhea worse are:
- Deep-fried, high fat content food such as – Butter, Cheese, Margarine, Meat, Sauces
- High fiber food such as – Seeds, Beans, Oats, Nuts
- Dairy products and Spicy food items.
- Take plenty of fluids at regular intervals as chronic diarrhea can make you lose body fluids. Proper hydration will prevent kidney diseases and stones.
- You may need extra vitamins and minerals supplements, such as:
- Iron and Vitamin B12 in dealing with Anemia.
- Calcium and Vitamin D to help keep bones healthy and strong.
- Don’t take NSAIDS (Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs).
- Don’t Take Antibiotics unless prescribed by doctor
- Avoid stressful environment. Take help of professional counselors in handling your stress.
How well Homeopathy works in Inflammatory Bowel Disease?
Homeopathic treatment for Inflammatory Bowel Disease has good scope in managing symptoms and complications of Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Belladonna– Abdomen distended. Transverse colon protrudes like a pad. Colicky pain comes and goes quickly. Better by lying on abdomen and bending backward.
- Colocynthis– Violent cutting pain in abdomen. Pain compels the patient to cry out for the relief. Press something hard against the abdomen.
- Podophyllum– Stools offensive and dark colored. The characteristics of the remedy is that there is no pain at all in the abdomen, painlessness is the key factor of podophyllum; followed by passage of small quantity of mucus and blood in stools.
It is, however, worthwhile to remember that self-medication is not recommended.
EntroDyn assists the body’s natural healing process & brings about a relief which is quick, safe & very long-lasting.
Helping in the most gentle way with Diarrhoea & Dysentery of Different Origins, Indigestion, Dyspepsia, Loss of Appetite, Colic, IBD and IBS. EntroDyn makes sure the disease is eradicated right from its root and complete well being is achieved.