What It Is, Signs & Homeopathic Management of Uterine Fibroids
Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous growths that form in the womb.
Do you suffer from abnormal menstrual bleeding or any kind of abdominal pain during periods? Has your doctor told you that you have fibroids? And have you been advised surgery as the only option?
What happens in Uterine Fibroids?
- Menorrhagia: Fibroids can cause periods to become prolonged and the flow to become heavy. The quality of menstrual blood can be bright red, dark and even accompanied by numerous small and large clots.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menses tend to be extremely painful, especially with the passage of large clots. The pain usually begins in the lower abdomen and progress to the lower back and thighs. Some fibroid-stricken females can become so overwhelmed with the pain that their daily activities become hampered, making this one of the most distressing symptoms of Uterine Fibroids.
- Metrorrhagia: The woes of a woman suffering from uterine fibroids do not just begin or end with periods. Many times, she may experience bleeding even between periods.
What can Uterine Fibroid lead to?
- Anaemia: Anaemia when the haemoglobin concentration in the blood decreases below normal. In case of Uterine Fibroids, anaemia occurs because of loss of excess blood, as well as due to consequent deficiency of iron.
- Retention of Urine: Large fibroids may put pressure on the urinary bladder to give rise to urine retention, i.e. inability to empty the bladder partially or completely.
- Painful Defecation: Similarly, pressure on the rectum may cause painful passing of stools.
- Difficulty in conceiving: It is possible that in some cases, fibroids may prevent pregnancy by preventing the implantation and growth of the embryo.
Diet and Nutrition
- Value your Veggies: A vegetarian diet provides good amount anti-oxidants to the body.
- Go Green: Green leafy vegetables spinach, lettuce, fenugreek, celery etc. are also rich sources of iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus etc. and many more minerals that keep us healthy.
- Favor more Fruits: As vegetables, all kinds of fruits are good sources of vitamins and minerals.
- Go easy on meat: While there could be health benefits found in meat, it is better to minimize their intake and prefer lean meats like skinless poultry, fish, etc.
- Refrain from Refined carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates like refined flour (maida), bread, most bakery products and sweets are considered most unhealthy and they tend to drain away your energy.
- Stop the Sugar & also Artificial Sweeteners: Sugar is considered to be a sweet poison and is definitely one of the most hazardous foods.
- Cut the caffeine: Caffeine is found in tea, coffee and carbonated beverages. It is not good for your health in general and should be totally avoided.
- Do not ignore your abnormal bleeding and abdominal symptoms.
- Take timely treatment from an efficient physician.
- Choose your treatment options wisely.
How well Homeopathy works in Uterine Fibroids?
- Calcarea Carbonica: A very good remedy in homeopathic treatment for uterine fibroids in females who are fat, fair and flabby. Patient has abnormal heavy menstrual bleeding which lasts for many days.
- Sepia: It is one of the best choices in homeopathic treatment for uterine fibroids when the main symptoms are low back pain, discomfort of abdominal region, and a feeling of ball in the vagina. Patient also has repeated urinary tract infections. Patient sits in cross-legged position for relief.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: This is yet another wonderful remedy in homeopathic treatment for uterine fibroids in patients who have frequent menses at very short intervals. The patient experiences severe cramps and pain in the lower abdomen and back.